FIND THE PRODUCT YOU NEED!
- Fiber monitoring for service providers, utilities, and dark-fiber providers
- FTTx construction, provisioning, and maintenance tests
- Fiber-tapping detection for critical applications
- Infrastructure monitoring (manholes, cabinet, pipelines, bridges, dams etc)
- Switch scalability up to 1080 ports
- Web-browser access
- Advanced fault location
- E-mail and SMS notifications
- Scalable and modular in up to 2RU
- Dual power feeds
- Solid-state disk
- Low power consumption
- LAN-based firmware downloads
The OTU-8000 Optical Test Unit combines optical time-domain reflectometry (OTDR) and optical-switch technology to provide continuous OTDR monitoring of multiple fibers anywhere in the network. The OTU-8000 platform is fully modular allowing for the use of many wavelengths and dynamic ranges in order to optimize fiber monitoring for a changing network.
The OTU-8000 works with the VIAVI ONMSi solution and the SmartOTU to help automate and improve the monitoring of your network performance.
VIAVI is the worldwide leader in OTDR manufacturing and Optical Network Monitoring, receiving the coveted Frost & Sullivan Fiber Optics Test Equipment Market Leader Award for fiber-optic test equipment six years in a row.
- Ensure continuously good service at construction, service activation and beyond
- Anticipate service disruptions by detecting fiber degradation before it affects service.
- Reduce MTTR by locating fiber optic faults in minutes instead of hours
- Reduce operational costs by eliminating multiple erroneous dispatches
- Protect investments by monitoring long-term fiber performance